Watch this : I know this is very long but it will help you a lot.
Custom NPCs Is an amazing mod for minecraft that allows you to create custom NPCs (obviously) that you can interact with and are more configurable than regular ones.
To Make and NPC, right click with the NPC wand and configure the settings to what you want.
-Factions- you can create factions to enemy against other factions so that the NPCs will fight. this is configurable in the factions tab under GLOBAL and ADVANCED. ( also you cant join a FAC yourself) Edit
-Lines- Lines are configurable under ADVANCED and then lines. Edit
-You can configure health and attack under the 2nd tab along the top.
the rest is fairly self explanatory. Edit
Helpful things: Edit
Press F3+H to see Item Ids when you mouse over stuff
Interesting stuff: Edit
- Before updating to a new version always backup your world
- When closing minecraft be sure to save your world before exiting
(esc -> Save and Quit). If you dont your latest changes might not be saved properly
- You can add skins to the
.minecraft/customnpcs/assets/customnpcs/textures folder or put them in your resource pack in the assets/customnpcs folder
- You can make npcs shoot things by putting an item in the shoot slot
in the inventory. You will need to increase his attack range to a shooting range: 10 is default for skeletons, 2 is melee range.
- Bigger Npcs need a larger attack range else they might only walk into players.
- Cloned npcs are saved in the .minecraft/customnpcs/clones.dat, you
can share them with others as long as they are on the same version as you
- You can equip blocks as helmets
--------------Thanks hope this helped (I went here and found nothing while looking and added the few things i know)---------------------